OIC-CERT GLOBAL CYBERSECURITY AWARD
- The OIC-CERT Global Cybersecurity Award is an initiative by the OIC-CERT to encourage international collaboration in the cybersecurity domain. The “OIC-CERT Award” recognizes innovative cybersecurity projects from around the world, not bound by country or region, that contribute to the uplifting of the ummah wellness while promoting the digital realm.
- This initiative is in congruence with the OIC-CERT vision to be a leading international cybersecurity platform in having a safer cyber space. This will be achieved through its mission of developing cybersecurity capabilities to mitigate cyber threats by leveraging on global collaboration.
- The award is a recognition for the recipient for their exceptional efforts in supporting the OIC-CERT vision and mission.
- The award is for selected project(s) that addresses one or more key the areas, but not limited to:
- People (capacity building, awareness, and teaching & learning),
- Process (policy, governance, norms, and entrepreneurship) and/ or
- Technology (systems, solutions, and innovation)
- The award is open to all entities representing governments, private sector, international and regional institutions, civil society, and academia.
- Prize: The winner will be awarded USD 1,000 during the OIC-CERT Annual Conference. Only one (1) award will be announced yearly.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The Award Commitee has made the call for submissions for the OIC-CERT Global Cybersecurity Award 2023.
- The contest is open to entities representing Governments, Private Sector, International and Regional Institutions, Civil Society and Academia.
- The contest is developed to encourage participants from around the world to share ideas and success stories in developing and implementing innovative cybersecurity projects that contribute to the ummah wellbeing.
- Participants are requested to complete the entry form at the following link: https://www.oic-cert.org/en/globalaward/form
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Submissions must be done through the OIC-CERT websites. All details requested in the questionnaire should be completed base on the category of the project.
- The project descriptions should contain the information about the goals, a short overview, results, challenges, and proposed following phases or improvements. Reference to supporting documents should use numbers and links.
- Initiative submitted should have undergone the major phases in order to be able to provide evidence of the outcomes.
- The deadline for the submissions is 15 August 2023. The submissions deadline must be strictly respected. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be in English.
- A panel of judges selected by the Award Committee, in its sole discretion, will review all eligible entries submitted during the period.
- The decision in relation to every aspect of the contest shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstances. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
- By submitting an entry, the participants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set forth herein. The OIC-CERT may discontinue or terminate the contest at any time at its sole discretion.
- Concept and Design (opportunity, conception, method, and development)
- Innovation addressing humanity needs and issues
- Creation of new opportunities for the people
- Overall method and development of the concept
- Impact (sustainability, social responsibility and potential)
- The immediate and long-term impact of the initiative on the society as a whole
- How the initiative can be a part of a larger platform for future innovation and development
- Empowerment of the people
- Value (need, differentiation, cost, and achievement)
- How the initiative fulfil an existing need or create new needs of the society
- How the offering is different, have game changing advantages over others
- Unique value proposition, cost and benefits, and economic desirability
- Delivery (message, engagement, availability, and achievement)
- How the initiative was communicated to the people
- How the society was engaged in delivering the initiative and availability
- Value proposition of the initiative is being achieved, fulfilled, and validated by the people
SUBMISSIONS DUE DATE
- Participants are invited to submit the OIC-CERT Global Cybersecurity Award 2023 form to email@example.com
- Due date: 31 August 2023